you could serve this with parmesan cheese, but it's pretty rich so watch out!
· serves 2
· enough fettucini for two people
· 2 skinless chicken breasts
· 2 tablespoons olive oil
· 2 cloves garlic, sliced thinly
· ½ red capsicum, thinly sliced
· 200gm Swiss brown mushrooms sliced thinly or halved
· 200gm baby spinach, washed
· ½ punnet cherry tomatoes, halved
· 2 tablespoons pesto
· 150ml cream
1. Cook the fettucini in plenty of salted, boiling water according to packet directions.
2. Meanwhile, chop the chicken into bite-size strips. Heat 1 tablespoon of the olive oil in a large fry pan and fry the chicken until browned and cooked through. Remove and set aside.
3. Heat the remaining oil in the pan, and sauté the garlic, capsicum and mushrooms until soft and just about tender.
4. Add the baby spinach and cherry tomatoes and stir until the spinach is wilted.
5. Mix the pesto and cream in a bowl and stir to combine. Pour into the pan and give it all a big stir. Let it bubble away for a couple of minutes.
6. Drain the pasta and put it into the pan with the sauce and veges. Check for seasoning and serve.