· serves 2
· 2 chicken thighs, skin on
· 1 tablespoon olive oil
· salt and pepper
· 1 red capsicum, cut into thin matchsticks
· 1 handful snowpeas, topped and tailed and cut into thin strips
· 1/2 bunch coriander (cilantro), leaves picked
· 2 spring (green) onions, chopped
· 1 long red chilli, sliced
· steamed rice, or rice stick noodles, to serve
· 2 or 3 tablespoons soy sauce (depending on how salty you like it)
· 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
· 1 tablespoon sesame oil
· 1 tablespoon brown or palm sugar
· 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
· 3cm fresh ginger, cut into matchsticks
1. Preheat oven to 390 F (200 C). Rub the chicken with olive oil, season well and roast until juices run clear and skin is nice and crispy (about 45 minutes)
2. Let the chicken cool for a couple of minutes on some absorbent paper, and then shred or cut up finely, keeping the skin on.
3. Combine all the ingredients for the dressing in a jar or small bowl and shake or stir to combine.
4. Toss together the shredded chicken, sliced capsicum and snowpeas, along with the dressing (you might not need all of it).
5. Divide among serving bowls on top of rice or noodes, and sprinkle over coriander leaves, spring onions and chillis.